UG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
UG

universalgamer.net

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you get subtitles to work on XBMC?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
funknjunk

funknjunk

How do you get subtitles to work on XBMC? Empty
PostSubject: How do you get subtitles to work on XBMC?   How do you get subtitles to work on XBMC? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 7:53 am

I've been fiddling around trying to get some subs to display. Uh the video is in .avi and the sub is .sub and i manually searched for the sub and then it did some caching or whatever but it still didnt show. Any tips?
Back to top Go down
EKX

EKX

PostSubject: Re: How do you get subtitles to work on XBMC?   How do you get subtitles to work on XBMC? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2007 5:49 pm

make sure the sub is in the same directory as the movie, with an identical file name

example:
they_live.avi
they_live.sub
Back to top Go down
http://complekxnoises.net
jonny5

jonny5

PostSubject: Re: How do you get subtitles to work on XBMC?   How do you get subtitles to work on XBMC? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 12:12 am

or even easier...get yourself subtitleworkshop.....convert teh subs to .ssa

get yourself virtualdub mod......you are gonna need the ssa subtitle plugin.....i can upload it for you...enable this and direct it to the new .ssa sub file you made.....

save the movie as a direct stream copy.....voila.....the movie is now hardsubbed......they will show up on anything you play the movie on cuz they are now part of it
Back to top Go down
EKX

EKX

PostSubject: Re: How do you get subtitles to work on XBMC?   How do you get subtitles to work on XBMC? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 12:40 am

doesnt sound easier at all, just more work that is not necessary
Back to top Go down
http://complekxnoises.net
funknjunk

funknjunk

PostSubject: Re: How do you get subtitles to work on XBMC?   How do you get subtitles to work on XBMC? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 2:02 am

i got this srt one to work but the timing was off...

hmm do you guys know of a .sub converter to .srt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you get subtitles to work on XBMC?   How do you get subtitles to work on XBMC? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you get subtitles to work on XBMC?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UG :: Main :: General Chat-
Jump to: